First we need to melt 8 oz of chocolate and spread it out on some parchment on a baking sheet. Then put it in the freezer.
Then you are going to throw your icing sugar, corn syrup, peppermint, water and shortening in your mixer and well, mix.
About 3o minutes later when the chocolate is set, take it out of the freezer and scoop all of your peppermint filling on top. Smooth out with an offset spatula. Place in the freezer while melting your top layer of chocolate. Once your chocolate is melted and your filling is hard pour chocolate over filling and smooth out and decorate, quickly, with anything you want, chopped candy candy, marble in some white chocolate, add chopped Hersey’s Kisses. Whatever you like.
Put back in the freezer and let set. Once the top layer is hard cut into pieces with a hot, dry knife.
- 2 1/2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs light corn syrup
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (not mint)
- 1 tbs shortening (Crisco)
- 16 oz chopped milk chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt 8 oz of chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave on 50% power stirring every 30 seconds. Make sure not to overheat the chocolate or get any water in it. Once melted and smooth pour onto your baking sheet and smooth out with an offset spatula creating a 9x12 rectangle.
- Place in the freezer until firm. While your chocolate is setting make the filing.
- With an electric mixer cream together confectioners sugar, corn syrup, water, peppermint extract and shortening until smooth and creamy.
- Take chocolate out of the freezer and scoop out the filling and smooth out evenly over chocolate. Place back in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes. Once set melt the remaining 8 oz of chocolate and pour on top. Smooth out and put back in the freezer to set.
- Once set cut into pieces with a hot, dry knife.